I have three poems in the newest issue of Menacing Hedge. "Pockets Full of Stones" is a poem inspired by Virginia Woolf's suicide. "Meet me at Hotel Elsinore" was written after watching Hamlet 2000, starring Ethan Hawke. It is an odd movie which left a lasting impression. The third poem, "Seeking Francesca," was inspired by a visit to the Pastificio Cerere, here in Rome, one of the plants where photographer Francesca Woodman, took many of her iconic stills.
Check the whole issue and fall in love with Susan Yount's amazing collage! Many thanks to Editor Kelly Boyker Guillemette and all the other Editors.
It's now officially National Poetry Month and Punk Rock Emily Dickinson (courtesy of Wendy MacNaughton) and I have a lot of ideas in mind to celebrate Poetry in the upcoming 30 days. So we have compiled a list of poetical things we will be doing.
1. Buy a brand new Moleskine. (I got myself a new one, with a black cover, this morning).
2. Write a least a poem every day for the upcoming 30 days. (Must write my first, today).
3. Read at least a poem every day in April.
4. Read a new collection of poems by a poet I've not read yet.
5. Buy a new chapbook (support small presses, please!). dancing girl press by Kristy Bowen has an amazing offer: 3 chapbooks for 10$. Other presses you should sponsor are Juliet Cook's Blood Pudding Press, Margaret Bashaar's Hyacinth Girl Press. Also, you could join the fundraising for the new Hysteria Anthology, edited by E. Kristin Anderson, which will be published by Lucky Bastard Press next May.
6. Buy a new collection (Make a poet a…