Poetry Will Save the World

A few days ago, John and I met Marco Cinque, my poetical brother, for lunch. Marco is not only an incredibly talented poet, he is an amazing photographer and musician. Jack Hirschman considers him Italy's best engaged poet and I thoroughly agree. I was so pleased to have him take pictures of John and me. Right in front of his office on a wall there is a message that says: "La poesia salverà il mondo" (i.e. Poetry Will Save the World). Marco insisted in taking a picture of us there, among others. I am in love with this photo. It tells so much. It means so much to me. I am posting that very picture and a few others Marco took on that day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visceral Anne Sexton

Recalling Pier Paolo Pasolini: A Force of the Past

Wearing Poetry