Red Poet in Rome

This afternoon's screening of "Red Poet", the documentary on poet Jack Hirschman, at Rome's Independent Film Festival was a truly stirring event. The Pasolini venue was crowded and the movie as moving as I knew already. I was so glad to be able to talk to Matthew Furey, the director, for almost half an hour. He told me interesting stories about Jack. And, I made him laugh, when I told him what Jack thought about the lead actor. Dear, the man is 77yo but he has the most amazing sense of humor. I wonder if he could be Mr. Zouch's nephew!

Comments

  1. He LIVES life to the fullest and on his own terms, Alessandra. That's what keeps him young, I bet. Though it could be in the genes if there's any Zouch in his blood. ;-)
    Sounds like a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Visceral Anne Sexton

Recalling Pier Paolo Pasolini: A Force of the Past

Wearing Poetry